Sunday, May 31, 2009

Music and Tigers

Jacob has less than 2 weeks left of the 1st grade. It's hard for me to believe that he is headed into 2nd grade. I distinctly remember being in 2nd grade, making it weird for me that Jacob is that old. Making it seem like a big deal, as well, is the fact that he heads to a new school next year. Right now he is in a primary school with just Kindergarten and 1st grade. I know the elementary school seems much bigger to me, but I don't even think it's a blip on Jacob's radar.
This week I got to go see Jacob's class put on a short music program in the school library. After the music I was able to go see Jacob's animal report and diorama. Jacob chose to write his report on the Siberian Tiger. I must say I was so impressed by this project. It was a big deal for these kids and I could tell how proud Jacob was.
This week I'm going with the 1st grade classes to the zoo. I think it should be a pretty fun day and I really hope we get to see a tiger for Jacob.
It has been quite a growing year for my oldest son. I am very thankful for the teacher he has been with this year. She did a fantastic job encouraging him.






No comments: