Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dear Jacob...

It's amazing to think that it has been 7 years since you were born, and I became a mom. On that day in July, 2002, there is no way I could have imagined how wonderful it would be to be your mommy. It's amazing the pride I feel with you for every accomplishment, as well I feel pain with you when you are disappointed.

Turning 7 makes you seem like such a big kid (and you are a big kid). You had a wonderful 1st grade year and you discovered your love of math and numbers. No matter what we're doing, you somehow find a way to add or subtract. As a matter of fact, just the other day you pointed out to me that it is only 6 years until you are a teenager.

I am constantly learning from you. I am often challenged by your intelligence. You always pay attention to what is going on around you and you keep me on my toes as a mom. You are also such a good big brother. You are (usually) patient with Ally and Logan. And I can tell that you want the best for them. I am lucky that you are so willing to help and teach them.

Everytime I ask you what you want to be when you grow up, you change your mind. Sometimes you say dentist, other days you talk about running a restaurant. But every time I ask, you do let me know that you plan to make a lot of money. You told me you will save a million dollars. And you have also promised Grandma that she can live with you after you buy your house. I know you are determined and I am sure that whatever you do someday, you will be successful.

When I say 7 years it sounds like a long time, but it has gone by so fast. I am so glad that I can look ahead and try to imagine what the future holds for you. However, anything that I imagine does not even compare to you and the things you do.


I am so proud to be your mom. Thank you for working so hard in all you do and making me so proud. I love you more than I ever could have imagined!


Mom


No comments: