Sunday, August 17, 2008

The weekend is over...

Sunday nights are so hard. Who wants to go to sleep when it means the weekend is over? Definitely not me. I did finish my final projects for my 2 classes tonight. I feel so excited to be through another couple of courses and on my way to a degree.

I had planned to go school supply shopping with Jacob today. He doesn't seem overly excited about the prospect of beginning the first grade. I am struggling with not being able to understand the mindset of a 6 year old boy. I have never felt like I didn't know exactly the right thing for Jacob, but now I'm not sure I always completely understand wha he needs.

I believe all is fine with Jacob. I'm pretty sure he just isn't happy about change. And I cannot blame him for that. Changes in routine are overwhelming.

My oldest son is the most emotionally in touch of my children. I think him and I will do something special, just the 2 of us, to celebrate my big boy starting the first grade in just a few weeks.

Here's a t-ball picture to show what a big boy he is...

No comments: