Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dear Ally...

Dear Ally,
It seems impossible that it has been 4 years since the first time we officially met. You entered this world in the same manner that you use to approach everything in life: fast and furious. You came 2 weeks early and when you decided you wanted to meet us, you wasted no time.
In the past year, I have watched you grow up in many ways. You have turned into an amazingly beautiful young girl. You observe the world and take in as much information as possible. You have learned numbers and letters from Jacob. You have learned Spanish from Dora. And you have learned to be a big sister from Logan.
Not only are you the single girl amongst your 2 brothers, but there are also mostly boys at daycare with you. You may be girly-girl, but those boys are never going to mess with you. I admire the way you assert yourself and we never have to worry about you being the forgotten middle child. I know you would never allow that.
Your confidence is amazing. You love to look at yourself in the mirror. Sometimes you are subtle and other times you're not, but if there is a mirror in the room, I see you gravitate to it. You know you are beautiful and you are proud of it.
You tell me when you grow up you would like to be a doctor. I'm sure if that is what you put your mind to, you will do it. But I have to tell you I love watching you sing and dance. I think that you will do some performing at some point.
I love you Ally! Happy 4th Birthday! Thank you for being a part of my world!
Love, Mommy














No comments: