Monday, September 8, 2008

First Day of First Grade

Well Jacob has done it. He finished his first week of first grade. Jacob is in Mrs. Harvey's class and his best friend from last year, Cerri, is in his class. It is so hard to get Jacob to tell me about what happens when I'm not there. But everything he has said has been positive. And though it's hard to get the positives out of him, I am sure I would hear about it if he didn't like it. Here he is headed out the door on the first day...

When Jacob wasn't sure about starting first grade, I took him school shopping to get him excited. This lunch box is his favorite thing that he chose. He really wanted the old style plastic ones like I had when I was a kid. And he was a little against cartoon characters (He must be getting too old). We finally decided on the Speed Racer. I try to convince him to get hot lunch sometimes, but he loves taking his lunch. So we've compromised and he gets hot lunch once or twice a week.
We're still figuring out this schedule. But all seems to have gone pretty smoothly the first week. So here's to a great school year!

No comments: